Division of Rare and Manuscript
University Library, is home to the Andrew Dickson White Architectural
Photographs Collection of approximately 13,000 nineteenth- and early
twentieth-century photographs of architecture, decorative arts and
(1832-1918), the first president of Cornell University, established
the collection by donating several thousand images from his personal
architectural library. The Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections,
in collaboration with the Department
of Preservation and Conservation and the Cornell
Institute for Digital Collections, undertook a project to preserve,
house, catalogue and digitize the entire collection. The A. D. White
Architectural Photographs image database is now available through
the Luna Insight®
version 5.1 browser (be sure to check the minimum
browser and system requirements before launching the browser).
Currently, the image database contains 1239 images.
more information about the project
or to browse the image database, click on one of the images above.